• 11月23日 星期六

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

一、在餐厅 At a Restaurant

【背景信息】Background Information

杭帮菜简介 Hangzhou Cuisine

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

Hangzhou is a culinary paradise with a large number of delicious dishes. Behind each dish, there is always a beautiful story associated with a historical figure from Hangzhou.

杭州是个拥有许多美味菜肴的人间天堂。每道菜肴背后总是有个关于杭州历史人物的美丽故事。

As a branch of Zhejiang Cuisine, one of the Eight Great Cuisines of China, Hang Bang Cai (or Hangzhou Cuisine) is characterized by freshness and sweetness. Most of the ingredients in preparing Hangzhou Cuisine are related to the West Lake, like lotus root, West Lake water shield, etc.

杭帮菜是中国八大菜系之一,浙江菜系中的一个分支,其特点是鲜甜。制作杭州菜的原料大多与西湖相关,如莲藕、西湖莼菜等。

It features a delicately seasoned and light-tasting mix of seafood and vegetables, often served in soup or with the liberal use of sugar, and a myriad of sauces. Typical cooking methods include boiling, stewing, braising, and simmering. The result is a fresh, tender, fragrant and rich flavor, either crispy or soft, but far from greasy.

杭帮菜的特点是常用海鲜和蔬菜,调味巧妙,味道清淡,常配以汤料,使用糖和酱汁。杭帮菜的典型烹饪方法包括煮、炖、烧和煨。菜品新鲜香嫩,味道浓郁,或脆或软,却不油腻。

Hangzhou dishes are varied, and almost every traditional dish is associated with famous literary quotation. Early in the Song Dynasty (970-1279), the great poet Su Shi (1037-1101) praised the banquets in Hangzhou in his poems and had once gotten down from his horse just because of the inviting smell.

杭帮菜品种多样,几乎每一道传统菜肴都与著名的诗文相关。早在宋代(970-1279),伟大的诗人苏轼(1037-1101)就在诗中赞美杭帮菜宴席,而他本人也曾“闻香下马”。

【常见词汇】Vocabulary


科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

情景对话】Conversations

I. Getting a Table订餐入座

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

A: 晚上好,欢迎光临。

Good evening. Welcome to our restaurant.

B: 晚上好。

Good evening.

A: 请问您有预定吗?

Do you have a reservation?

B: 没有。

No.

A: 请问您需要几人座呢?

A table for how many people?

B: 四人座,谢谢。

A table for four, please.

A: 好的,您想要什么样的位置呢?

OK, where would you prefer to sit?

B: 如果可以,我们希望有靠窗的位子。这样我们就可以尽情欣赏西湖景色了。

We’d like a table by the window if possible, so we can enjoy the view of the West Lake.

A: 好的,请这边走。

No problem. This way, please.

B: 这是菜单。您准备点菜时,请招呼一下服务员。

Here is the menu. Please wave a waiter over when you are ready to order.


II. Dish Recommendation菜肴推荐


科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

A:请问您现在需要点菜吗?

Would you like to order now?

B: 是的。这是我第一次来杭州,所以我还没想好点什么比较好。你能给我推荐一些菜吗?

Yes. Since it is my first time visiting Hangzhou,I’ve not made up my mind on what to order. Could you recommend some dishes?

A: 当然可以,您喜欢吃河鲜吗?

Sure, do you feel like getting some river food?

B:喜欢。

Yeah.

A:我推荐龙井虾仁和西湖醋鱼。西湖醋鱼虽可口但多刺,请您慢点品尝。

A: Well, I recommend the shelled shrimp with Dragon Well Tea and West Lake Carp in Sweet and Sour Sauce.West Lake Carp in Sweet and Sour Sauce is delicious, but bony. Please take it slowly.

B:好的,我就要这两道菜了。有什么推荐的汤吗?

All right. I’ll have them. Do you have any soup recommendations?

A:建议您试试西湖莼菜汤,这是用莼菜、火腿、鸡丝制成的营养汤品。

I suggest you try the West Lake Water Shield Soup. The soup is prepared out of a

mixture of water shield, ham and chicken shreds, which is highly nutritious.

B:听起来不错。这个我也来一份。

Sounds great.I’ll have this, too.

A: 还要别的吗?

Anything else?

B: 不用了。谢谢。

That’s enough. Thanks.

A:那么(您共点了)一份龙井虾仁、一份西湖醋鱼,还有一份西湖莼菜汤,对吗?

So, a Shelled Shrimps with Dragon Well Tea , a West Lake Carp in Sweet and Sour Sauce and a West Lake Water Shield soup, right?

B:是的。谢谢。

Yes. Thank you.


III. Settlement of Complaints解决投诉

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

A:有什么问题吗,先生?

Something wrong with the dish, sir?

B:为什么这菜道味道这么奇怪?又酸又甜的!我无法接受这种味道。

Why does the dish taste so strange? It is sour and sweet! I can’t stand it!

A:不好意思,我们杭州菜的口味大部分是偏甜的。您可以加一个其他的菜吗?

I'm sorry, but Hangzhou cuisine is mostly sweet. Could you order something else instead?

B:有不甜的特色菜吗?

Is there any other specialty which is not so sweet?

A:有的,叫花鸡可以吗?它是杭州大多数晚宴必点的菜品。且味道鲜美色泽金黄。

Sure! How about Beggar’s Chicken? It is a must for most banquets in Hangzhou. And it is delicious and golden-looking.

B: 好吧,我点这个菜试试。

OK, I’ll have a try.

A:谢谢您的理解。我们送您一道荷叶粉蒸肉吧。这是一道口味清淡的传统菜。

Thank you for your understanding. We would like to offer you a free steamed pork with rice flour in lotus leaf. It’s a light traditional dish.

B: 好的,谢谢。

OK, thanks.

A: 好的,祝您用餐愉快!

OK. Enjoy your meal!


学习贴士】

Tips

1.This way, please.:用于引导客人的服务性用语,“请往这边走”。而作为引导用语,come this way与go this way也是有区别的。若侍者在前方带路则可用 come this way,也可以使用go this way;但若侍者在客人后面或旁边,伸手指引路径,一般就会使用please go this way。

2.make up one’s mind:意为“下决心;决定”,且与decide意思相近,两者的区别在于decide “经过询问、研讨和考虑之后作出决定”,后跟宾语从句时。make up one’s mind则侧重“下定决心、拿定主意”的意思。


【常用句型】Useful Sentences

1.Do you have a reservation?

您有预定吗?

2.This way, please.

请这边走。

3.Where would you prefer to sit?

你想要什么样的位置?

5.Here is the menu.

这是菜单。


二、By the Qiantang River

在钱塘江边

【背景信息】Background Information

钱塘江简介Profile of the Qiantang River

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

The Qiantang River, a river in East China, originates in the border region of Anhui, Zhejiang and Jiangxi provinces. Its upper stretch is called the Xin'an River, and the middle stretch the Fuchun River. It is an important commercial artery, which runs for 588.73 kilometers through Zhejiang, passing through the provincial capital of Hangzhou before flowing into the East China Sea via Hangzhou Bay.

钱塘江是一条中国东部河流,源于浙皖赣边境。 其上游称为新安江,中游为富春江。 它是一条重要的商用河流,浙江境内长约588.73公里,流经省会杭州,经杭州湾汇入东海。

The river is the southern terminus of the ancient Grand Canal that links five major rivers in China from north to south, enabling water traffic to travel inland northward from Hangzhou to its northest destination of Beijing.

钱塘江是京杭大运河的南端。古老的大运河从北到南连接着中国的五条主要河流,使得水上交通从杭州向内陆北上延伸。

The Qiantang River tide, known as the “No. one tide in the world”, is a natural wonder of the world. The extra tidal wave is caused by the centrifugal effect of celestial gravity and the rotation of the earth together with the special terrain of the Hangzhou Bay bell mouth.

钱塘江潮被誉为“天下第一潮”,是世界一大自然奇观。它是天体引力和地球自转的离心作用,加上杭州湾喇叭口的特殊地形所形成的特大涌潮。

【常见词汇】Vocabulary


科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①


科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

情景对话】Conversations

I. By Qiantang River在钱塘江畔

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

A:What are the famous attractions here?

这里著名的景点是什么呢?

B:The world-famous Qiantang River tide, of course.

当然是举世闻名的钱江潮了。

A:What does it look like when the tide is coming?

你能形容一下潮水来时的情形吗?

B:Every time when the tide comes, one will first see a long, white streak across the horizon, called “a streak of tidal water”. Meantime, one seems be able to hear muffled thunders coming from the distance.

每当潮水来临时,首先会看到的是地平线上一道长长的白色条纹,被称为“潮水条纹”。与此同时,人们隐约可以听到远处传来低沉的雷声。

A:Wow, sounds good. When can I see it?

听起来不错,什么时候我能看到它呢?

B:Every year on the August 15th of the lunar calendar. Many people will come to the Qiantang River to watch the wonder of the tide before or after the Mid-Autumn Festival. It has become a local custom for many years.

每年的农历八月十五。在中秋节前后,许多人都会来到钱塘江边观看钱江潮的奇观。这已成为我们当地多年来的习俗了。


II. Beside the Qiantang River Bridge在钱塘江大桥边

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

A:Wow! This bridge is so magnificent! What is the name of the bridge?

哇!这座桥真宏伟啊!这是什么桥呀?

B:The Qiantang River Bridge. You can watch the tide of the Qiantang River here. By the way, there is also a bronze statue of Dr. Mao Yisheng.

这是钱塘江大桥。你可以在这里观看钱塘江大潮。另外,这里还有茅以升博士的铜像。

A:Why is there a bronze statue of Dr. Mao Yisheng?

这儿为什么会有茅以升博士的铜像呢?

B:Because Dr. Mao Yisheng is the designer of the Qiantang River Bridge. His plan was feasible and less costly than others.

因为茅以升博士是钱塘江大桥的设计者。他设计的方案不但切实可行,而且比其他方案更经济。

A:When was the bridge built?

这座桥是什么时候修建的呢?

B:The construction of the bridge began on August 8, 1934 and it was completed on September 26, 1937.

这座大桥于1934年8月8日动工,1937年9月26日竣工。


III.In Qianjiang New City在钱江新城

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

A:What are the landmarks of the Central Business District of Qianjiang New City?

钱江新城核心区有什么标志性建筑物呢?

B:Look, there are landmarks, the Hangzhou Grand Theater, the Hangzhou International Convention Center,the Underground Ginza of Hangzhou and etc.

看,这里的标志性建筑有杭州大剧院、杭州国际会议中心、波浪文化城等。

A:Quite impressive.

真让人印象深刻。

B:You know the Qianjiang New City has been constructed in accordance with the most competitive financial business district construction standards in the world.

钱江新城是根据国际最具竞争力的金融商务区标准而建的。

A: What are the special attractions here?

这儿有什么特别的景点呢?

B:The light show. It consists of 700,000 LED lights, which are installed on the

facades of 30 high-rise buildings along the Qiantang River.

灯光秀。这个灯光秀由70万盏LED灯组成,这些灯分别安装在钱塘江沿岸的30栋高层建筑外立面上。


学习贴士】Tips

1. in accordance with:根据,依照;与…一致。“In accordance with…”用于更为正式的情景,引入依据内容。

2.consist of:常用整体作主语,表示“整体由部分组成”,引申为“包含有”,不能用于被动语态。

【常用句型】Useful Sentences

1.Watching the Qiantang River Tide has become a local custom for many years.

观钱江潮已成为杭州当地多年来的习俗了。

2. There are the Hangzhou Grand Theater, the Hangzhou International Convention

Center,the Underground Ginza of Hangzhou and etc.

这里有杭州大剧院、杭州国际会议中心、波浪文化城等。

3. Dr. Mao Yisheng is the designer of the Qiantang River Bridge.

茅以升博士是钱江大桥的设计者。


三、在游客咨询中心At the Tourist Information Center


【背景信息】Background Information

杭州简介Profile of Hangzhou

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

杭州是浙江省省会、也是经济、文化、科教中心,长三角中心城市,重要的风景旅游城市,首批国家历史文化名城。杭州素有“人间天堂”、“文化之邦”、“丝绸之府”、“茶叶之都”、“鱼米之乡”的美称。杭州是华夏文明的发祥地、中国著名的七大古都之一, 以“东南名郡”著称于世。跨湖桥遗址的发掘显示,早在8000多年前,就有人类在此繁衍生息。杭州市辖上城、下城、江干、拱墅、西湖、滨江、萧山、余杭、富阳、临安10个区,建德1个县级市,桐庐、淳安2个县。全市总面积16596平方千米,其中市区面积8000平方千米。

As the capital city of Zhejiang province and its economic, cultural, science and educational center, Hangzhou is one of the central cities in the Yangtze River Delta. It also ranks among the first batch of National Historical and Cultural Cities as a popular city of tourism. It is renowned as “paradise on earth”, “area of rich cultural heritage”,“home of silk and tea”, and“land of fish and rice”. As one of the birthplaces of Chinese Civilization and ranking among the seven ancient capitals in China, Hangzhou stands out as the“Famous Town of the Southeast". The excavation of the Kuahuqiao Site indicates that as early as 8,000 years ago, the place already saw thriving human activities. Under the jurisdiction of the city of Hangzhou are 10 urban districts, namely Shangchen, Xiacheng, Jianggan, Gongshu, Xihu (West Lake), Binjiang, Xiaoshan, Yuhang, Fuyang and Lin’an, one county-level city of Jiande and two counties of Tonglu and Chun’an. The city covers a total area of 16, 596 square kilometers, of which the urban part takes up 8,000 square kilometers.


【常见词汇】Vocabulary


科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①


科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

情景对话】 Conversations

I.在游客咨询中心 At the Tourist Information Center


科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

A: Excuse me, can I have a map of the tourist attractionsof Hangzhou, please?

你好,能给我一张杭州景点地图吗?

B: Sure. Anything else I can help you with?

没问题。还有什么可以帮助你的吗?

A: This is my first time in Hangzhou and I’ve heard that Hangzhou is a beautiful city. I just don't know any of the famous scenic spots around here. Could you help me?

这是我是第一次来杭州。我早就听说杭州是个美丽的城市,就是不知道这附近有什么著名的景点。你能帮我下吗?

B: You are on the south bank of the West Lake, where the scenic spots are relatively close to each other. You can go all the way to the south from the Lakeside Park, pass through Orioles Singing in the Willows,Viewing the Fish at Flowery Pond, the Leifeng Pagoda, and finally you'll arrive at Taiziwan Park.

您所在的位置刚好处于西湖南线景点附近。这里景点相对集中,你可以从湖滨公园一路往南,经过柳浪闻莺、花港观鱼、雷峰塔,最后到达太子湾公园。

A: Thank you very much for your detailed information and recommendations.

非常感谢你如此详细的介绍和推荐。

B: My pleasure. Have a nice trip !

不客气。希望您玩得开心!


II.在雷峰塔 At the Leifeng Pagoda

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

A: Excuse me, do I need to buy tickets for the Leifeng Pagoda?

你好,请问进入雷峰塔需要购买门票吗?

B: Yes, you do.

需要的。

A: How much is the admission fee? Do I need to make a reservation in advance?

门票多少钱一张?我需要提前预定吗?

B: It is 40 Yuan per person. You can buy ticket at the ticket office on the day of your visit.

门票价格是40元一张。您可以旅游当日直接在售票处购买。

A: OK. What's special about the Leifeng Pagoda?

好的。那雷峰塔有什么特别之处吗?

B: The Pagoda is one of the Top 10 scenic spots of the West Lake. It is associated with the story of White Snake Lady. The pagoda is the best location to see the beauty of the West Lake.

雷峰塔是西湖十景之一,它与“白蛇传”的故事相关。它是观赏西湖美景的最佳位置。

A: That sounds good. I can't wait to ascend to the top and have a bird view of the lake.

By the way, when does it open?

听起来很棒,我都已经迫不及待登高鸟瞰西湖。顺便问一下,雷锋塔开放时段是?

B: From 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. I suggest you climb the tower in late afternoon when the sun goes down so you can enjoy the view of the beautiful scenery.

早上8:00到晚上5:30。我建议你临近傍晚的时候登塔观景,夕阳西下,一切美景,尽收眼底。


III.花港观鱼附近 Near Viewing Fish at Flower Harbor(Huagang Guanyu)

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

A: Hello, we are here for sightseeing. Can you introduce this scenic spot to us?

你好,我们是来这儿观光的。能给我们介绍一下附近的景点吗?

B: This scenic spot is called Viewing Fish at Flower Harbor. Let me show you around.

前面就是花港观鱼,我带您去看看吧。

A: Thank you very much! Why is it called Viewing Fish at Flower Harbor? What's the origin of the name?

那真的太感谢你了。为什么叫花港观鱼啊?这名字有什么由来吗?

B: In the Qing Dynasty, Emperor Kangxi visited Hangzhou and inscribed the name Huagang Guanyu(literally Viewing Fish at Flower Harbor) for this scenic spot. The local governor then carved it into a stone tablet by the fish pond. Later Emperor Qianlong inscribed a poem on this stone. Nowadays, people can watch golden carps swimming in the pond while the flowers are blossoming here.

清朝康熙皇帝驾临西湖,题书 “花港观鱼”。随后地方官员将题字刻石碑,置于鱼池畔。后来乾隆皇帝又有诗作题刻在这个碑上。如今人们可在此欣赏,池中金色鲤鱼闲游,岸上鲜花盛开。

A: I see. What a beautiful view! This park is picturesque. Hangzhou is really an interesting place. I'll come again when I'm free.Thank you.

我明白了。这个公园太漂亮了!杭州真是个有趣的地方,我以后有空会再来杭州。谢谢你。

B: It's my pleasure.

不用谢。


学习贴士】Tips

1.can't wait to do sth 解释为迫不及待做某事,重点在“to do”上。

例如:I can't wait to see you 我迫不及待想见你。

2.scenic spot:英语中表达现在人们所说的“景点”的词有很多,常用“tourist attractions ”、“scenic spots ”等表达方式。

3.go down:下沉。在表达“夕阳西下时”,可以借助“go down ”这个词组,它有“下降,沉下”的意思,可用“When the sun goes down”。


【常用句型】Useful Sentences

1. This park is picturesque.

这个公园风景如画。

2. I’m sure you will enjoy the beautiful scenery.

我相信诸位会喜欢这美丽风景的。

3. Although we have tried our best to serve you, something needs to be improved.

虽然我尽力为大家服务,但还有需要改进的地方。

4. I’m more than willing to help you.

我非常乐意帮忙。

5. I believe that all of you will have a good time tonight.

我相信大家今晚玩得都很愉快。


四、在萧山机场 At Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport

【背景信息】Background Information

萧山机场简介Airport Profile

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport, known as Hangzhou’s air portal, is situated in the east of Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, about 27 kilometers from the downtown city. The airport is an important air link in China, an airport for international scheduled flights and class 1 air portal. By the end of 2017, a total of 60 domestic and foreign airlines had started operations at Hangzhou Airport and the flights from the airport reach 162 destinations, including 113 domestic ones and 43 overseas cities. Thanks to the rapid economic and social development of Zhejiang Province, the airport has grown into one of China’s top 10 airports and among the world’s top 100 airports.

杭州萧山国际机场位于浙江省杭州市东部,距市中心27公里,是中国重要的干线机场、国际定期航班机场、对外开放的一类航空口岸和国际航班备降机场,是浙江省第一空中门户。截至2017年底,于杭州机场内运营的航空公司共60余家,通航点162个,其中内地113个、国际43个。由于浙江省的快速发展,目前杭州萧山国际机场已跻身成为中国前十、世界前百的大机场。

【常见词汇】Vocabulary


科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①


科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

情景对话】Conversations

I. 抵达大厅At the Arrival Hall

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

A:Excuse me, sir. Are you Adam from Singapore?

先生,请问您是从新加坡来的亚当先生吗?

B:Yes. I am Adam, team leader of the delegation from Singapore.

是的,我是新加坡代表团的领队亚当。

A:Welcome to Hangzhou, I’m Lily, a volunteer representing HAGOC.

欢迎来到杭州。我叫莉莉,是杭州亚组委派来接待您的志愿者。

B:Great! Nice to see you.

太好了!很高兴见到你。

A:Glad to meet you too.

我也非常高兴见到您。


II.前往注册中心Heading to the Accreditation Center

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

A:I will guide you and the athletes to the Asian Games Village and help you settle down. So, is everybody here?

我会带您和运动员们去亚运村,帮你们安顿好。人都到齐了吗?

B:Yes, athletes, coaches and staff members are all here. By the way, will all of us stay in the same building in the Asian Games Village?

是的,运动员、教练和工作人员都齐了,顺便问一下,我们都住在亚运村的同一幢楼里吗?

A:I believe so. Everything will follow the original plan designed by HAGOC, and I think it will be much easier if you all live in the same building. Of course, if you have any special requirements, we’d like to help you out and see what we can do.

我想是的,一切都按照杭州亚组委的计划走,我想你们都住在一幢楼应该会更方便。当然,如果您有特殊要求,我们十分乐意帮您解决。

B:OK, sounds perfect.

好的,听起来不错。

A:Great! Now, could everyone bring your luggage and follow me? Let’s head to the accreditation center first.

好的!现在能请所有人拿上行李跟我走吗?我们先去注册中心。


学习贴士】Tips

1. Arrival Hall:国际上通常将机场/火车站的到达大厅或到达层称为Arrival Hall,机场/火车站的出发厅/层则被称为Departure Hall。

2. help out:帮助某人解决困难。help out和help的区别在于,help out的对象是人,而help则可用于人或事。此外,help后可跟动词原形,但help out不行。比如:He helped us mend the car。因此,在使用help out的语境中往往可以用help来替换,而反之则不一定行得通。

3. go through the accreditation:通过注册程序。类似于奥运会,在亚运会前,每一名亚运会的与会者(运动员、教练、亚运会官员和工作人员)都必须申请注册资格。在抵达亚运会办城市后,必须激活自己的注册资格才能按规定出入比赛场所和亚运村。


【常用句型】Useful Sentences

1. I’m a volunteer sent by HAGOC.

我是杭州亚组委派来的志愿者。

2. I will guide you and the athletes to the Asian Games Village and help you settle down.

我会带您和运动员去亚运村,帮你们安顿好。

3. Everything will follow the original plan designed by HAGOC.

一切都按照杭州亚组委的计划走。

4. If you have any special requirements, we’d like to help you out and see what we can do.

如果您有特别的要求,我们十分乐意帮您达成。

5. Let’s head to the accreditation center first.

我们先去注册中心(办理手续)。


五、在河坊街On Hefang Street

【背景信息】Background Information

杭州河坊街简介Profile of Hefang Street in Hangzhou

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

Hefang Street is a well-designed old pedestrian street. The original street has been ruined and it takes on a completely new look after large-scale of restoration. Shops selling art crafts, souvenirs, silk, tea houses, and restaurants align on both sides of the street. Many famous century-old shops including Hu Qingyu Tang pharmacy, Wang Xingji Fans can be found along the street. Hefang Street is also known as the Snack Street for the diverse food it serves.

河坊街是一条精心设计的老步行街。原来老街已经破坏,如今经过大规模修复,河坊街焕然一新。街道两旁有出售工艺品、纪念品、丝绸的商店,以及茶馆和餐馆。沿街有许多著名的百年老店,如胡庆余堂、王星记扇子。这里的美食丰富多样,因此河坊街街又称小吃街。

【常见词汇】Vocabulary


科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①


科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

情景对话】Conversations

I. At Hu Qingyu Tang Pharmacy在胡庆余堂

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

A:您好!请问这里是胡庆余堂吗?

Excuse me? Is this Hu Qingyu Tang Pharmacy?

B:是的。

Yes.

A:太好了!我听说你们被称为“江南药王”.

Great! I heard that you are called “Jiangnan Medicine King”.

B:是的,我们是由清代著名商人胡雪岩先生于1874年创立的。

Yes, our company was founded in 1874 by the famous businessman Mr. Hu Xueyan in the Qing Dynasty.

A:那已经有一百多年历史了。你们有多少种药品了呢?

That’s more than a hundred years. How many kinds of medicine do you have?

B: 我们现在有国家批准生产的药品184只,保健食品9只。

We have 184 drugs approved by the state and 9 kinds of health food now .

A: 哇!真是太厉害了!

Wow, that’s amazing.

II. At Zhang Xiaoquan Scissors 张小泉剪刀店

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

A: 欢迎来到张小泉剪刀店!

Welcome to Zhang Xiaoquan Scissors.

B:有人跟我说张小泉剪刀是浙江杭州市知名的传统手工艺品。我想买一把做纪念品,能看看你们的剪刀吗?

Someone told me that Zhang Xiaoquan Scissors are well-known traditional handicrafts in Hangzhou. I want to buy a pair of scissors as a souvenir. Could you please show me your scissors?

A:当然可以。我们是中国手工业的传统名牌,已经有三百多年的历史了。我们的剪刀,尺寸最大的长达1.2米(4英尺),最小的仅为3.1厘米(1.22英寸),重10克。

Of course. We are a traditional brand of Chinese handicraft industry with a history of more than 300 years. As for the size of our scissors, the biggest are as long as 1.2 meters ( 4 feet ) , the smallest a mere 3.1 centimeters (1.22 inches ) weighing 10 grams.

B: 有意思。请问你们的产品有什么特色呢?

Sounds interesting. What are the characteristics of your products?

A:它们样式精美,刀片锋利,非常好用。

They are beautiful in shape and good for use with sharp blades.

B:你能给我推荐一下,哪把做纪念品比较合适吗?

Can you recommend one that is suitable as a souvenir?

A: 这种便携的吧。

This portable one will be good.

B.好的, 我就买这把!

Good, I’ll take it!

III. At a Silk Shop 绸庄

科普成果 | 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通①

A:欢迎来到我们丝绸庄!

Welcome to our silk shop!

B: 我想给我妈妈买一件丝绸制的衣服,能帮我看看吗?

I want to buy a silk dress for my mother. Can you help me?

A:当然可以。杭州拥有数千种不同图案,设计和颜色的丝绸。杭州丝绸被外国游客称赞为“东方艺术之花”。一定有适合您母亲的。

Sure. Hangzhou boasts more than several thousand kinds of silks of different patterns, designs and colors. Hangzhou silks are praised by foreign visitors as the “flowers of Oriental art”.There must be one suitable for your mother.

B:太好了!那为什么中国人喜欢丝绸衣服呢?

Great!Why do Chinese people love silk clothes?

A:因为丝绸柔软,有光泽,吸湿力强。最重要的是透气,这是它们优于合成纤维的地方。

They are soft, shiny and tend to absorb moisture. Above all, they breathe well--that is why they are superior to synthetic fibres.

B: 给我妈妈穿的话,您有什么推荐吗?

Do you have any recommendations for my mother?

A:这件绿色丝绸裙子怎么样?它非常时尚和舒适。

How about this green silk dress? It is fashionable and comfortable.

B:看上去很不错,那就这件吧!

It looks nice. I will take this one!


学习贴士】Tips

1. century-old shop:百年老店。例:The century-old shop has enjoyed a long-standing reputation. 百年老店,服务优良,信誉卓著,欢迎光临。

2. be approved by : 由…批准,by后面常跟权威部门。例如:The payment shall be approved by a special resolution of the company. (付款需经过公司特别决议批准)。


【常用句型】Useful Sentences


1.我们(公司/店铺)是一位著名商人于1874年创立的。

Our company/shop was founded in 1874 by a the famous businessman.

2.张小泉剪刀是浙江杭州市知名的传统手工艺品。

Zhang Xiaoquan Scissors are well-known traditional handicrafts in Hangzhou.

3.它非常时尚和舒适。

It is very fashionable and comfortable.


注: 文本图片大多来自网络。


主要参考书目:

[1] 陈刚. 大杭州旅游指南 [M]. 杭州:浙江摄影出版社.2006.10

[2]郭磊. 英汉口译导论[M]. 兰州:甘肃人民出版社, 2014.4

[3]刘会,张海让. 导游英语[M]. 天津:天津科技翻译出版社公司2006.9


浙江省社科联社科普及课题成果

课题名称: 迎亚运杭州市民英语口语一本通

课题编号: 19YB52

负责人: 朱慧芬

单位: 浙江金融职业学院

上一篇新闻

湖北各地标志名片,一个都认不出来的枉为湖北人

下一篇新闻

甜咸不重要!来见识下世界上最有特色的粽子君长什么样

评论

订阅每日新闻

订阅每日新闻以免错过最新最热门的新加坡新闻。